So many great things are happening with PSC tenants.
Chambers Top Firm
Gordon Arata McCollam Duplantis & Eagan, LLC has been recognized as a leading law firm in Louisiana in the 2014 reference book, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. This year, Gordon Arata was acknowledged by Chambers in five categories with ten attorneys receiving accolades in Louisiana. Gordon Arata was named a leading law firm in the following practice areas: Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy / Restructuring; Construction; Energy & Natural Resources (Oil and Gas); and Litigation: General Commercial.
The following Louisiana Gordon Arata attorneys were named as leaders in their field.
New Orleans Office
- Michael Botnick – Construction
- Steven W. Copley – Litigation: General Commercial
- Ewell (Tim) E. Eagan, Jr. – Litigation: General Commercial
- C. Peck Hayne, Jr. – Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
- Scott A. O’Connor – Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
- Howard E. Sinor, Jr. – Litigation: General Commercial
- Marion Weinstock – Banking & Finance
Baton Rouge Office
- Louis M. Phillips – Bankruptcy / Restructuring
- Bob J. Duplantis – Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
- Gerald H. Schiff – Bankruptcy / Restructuring
Chambers USA research is conducted based upon the strengths and reputations of U.S. attorneys. The methodology has been approved by the British Market Research Bureau, which audits the research annually.
Welcome to Lil’ Phil’s
Lil’ Phil’s is the newest addition to Phil’s Grills, locally-owned, chef-driven burger joints with locations in Metairie, Harahan, the Warehouse District and a brand new spot in the Balcony Cafés of Place St. Charles. Lil’ Phil’s brings a family owned neighborhood burger joint to the second floor!
I opened my first Phil’s Grill in 2007 in Metairie. My goals from the beginning were to be involved in the rebuilding (honored by the National Restaurant Association for community service 5 times and counting), grow the company into a regional brand (opened Harahan location 2010 and Warehouse District 2013) and serve the best burger experience (voted Best Burger by Where Y’At readers 7 consecutive years). Now with Lil’ Phil’s I have an opportunity to continue that growth and serve the BIG Lil’ Burgers!
We’ve scaled back our menu a little to execute a faster experience for those that are limited on time. Smaller burgers (1/3 pound) and fewer options while maintaining a freshness and variety. At Lil’ Phil’s we’ll start out with 6 burger (or salad) protein options: Angus, Grilled Chicken, Zapp’d Chicken, Turkey, Veggie and one of my favorites, the Lan-Yap Burger, which is a combination of angus and hot sausage giving it a little extra flavor. Two bun options, 7 sauces, 9 toppings, 3 cheeses and 8 side items. We’ll also have some predetermined “signature” burgers for those that don’t want to build their own.
I’m excited to feature gluten free options as well as healthy options certified by Ochsner Hospital’s Eat Fit NOLA program. No other burger joint can say that!
One of, if not my favorite sauce, is the Grilled Pineapple Ketchup. I’m not a fan of ketchup as we typically know it and I’ll tell you “ketchup is for the fries” but a secret weapon for us is Grilled Pineapple Ketchup. Pineapple, jalapeno, onion, fresh herbs and lime juice blended together give this an apple sauce type texture and the flavors especially when combined with the Lan-Yap burger are incredible. That Zapp’d Chicken is another signature of ours, we use Zapp’s Potato Chips as the breading for our fried chicken giving it a crunch like no other. Our Turkey and Black Bean Chili and our Spicey Potato Salad are two more of my favorites that I included on Lil’ Phil’s menu.
I’m really excited about this new venture at Place St Charles and look forward to not only serving up a great Lil’ Burger Experience for you at lunch but catering for your offices as well. We do more than just burgers and can handle any catering needs you may have. See ya tomorrow!– Phil
Re-Elects Board Members, Names 13 Partners
Jones Walker LLP is pleased to announce that James C. Percy, Business & Commercial Litigation partner, and F. Rivers Lelong, Jr., Real Estate partner, have been re-elected to the firm's Board of Directors for a four-year term, commencing January 1, 2014. Jones Walker's Managing Partner, William H. Hines, thanked outgoing Board of Directors member Robert S. Lazarus for his service.
Jones Walker's nine-member Board of Directors is composed of the following partners:
- J. Kelly Duncan, New Orleans, LA
- Pauline F. Hardin, New Orleans, LA
- William H. Hines — Managing Partner, New Orleans, LA
- R. Christian Johnsen, Washington, DC
- F. Rivers Lelong, New Orleans, LA
- James C. Percy, Baton Rouge, LA
- Rudolph R. Ramelli, New Orleans, LA
- Gary J. Russo, Lafayette, LA
- Michael D. Waters, Birmingham, AL
Jones Walker also announced that 13 lawyers have been elected to partnership, effective January 1, 2014:
- James T. “Lee” Birchall — Business & Commercial Transactions, Birmingham, AL
- Louis E. Buatt — Real Estate, New Orleans, LA
- Michael B. Depetrillo — Business & Commercial Litigation, New Orleans, LA
- Remy J. Donnelly — Real Estate, New Orleans, LA
- Stephen P. Drobny — Business & Commercial Litigation, Miami, FL
- C. Parker Kilgore — Business & Commercial Litigation, Baton Rouge, LA
- Nathan R. List — Corporate & Securities, New Orleans, LA
- Michael W. Magner — Business & Commercial Litigation, New Orleans, LA
- Mark A. Mintz — Business & Commercial Litigation, New Orleans, LA
- Christopher S. Pace — Business & Commercial Transactions, Jackson, MS
- Amanda S. Wells — Real Estate, Baton Rouge, LA
- B. Trevor Wilson — Tax & Estates, Baton Rouge, LA
- Benjamin P. Woodruff — Business & Commercial Transactions, New Orleans, LA
King Krebs & Jurgens
New Members, Super Lawyers & Bar Association News
Brent Burns, Michael Cerniglia and Susan Dinneen have been named Members of the law firm King, Krebs & Jurgens. Fabian Nehrbass has been hired as an Associate. David Strauss has been named Chair of the Insurance Law Committee of the New Orleans Bar Association.
Grant Coleman, Henry King, Patricia Krebs, and Doug Matthews have been named to the list of “Louisiana Super Lawyers” honored in Thomson Reuters' Louisiana Super Lawyers Magazine. Patricia Krebs was not only named to the list, but also recognized by the magazine as among the Top 25 Women on the list for the third year in a row. Additionally, Adam Massey was named to the magazine's “Rising Stars” list.
Sessions, Fishman, Nathan & Israel, L.L.C. is pleased to announce that its members Jack Alltmont, Joy Braun, David Forsyth, Max Nathan, Carol Neff and Peter Title have received special recognition in their respective practice areas:
2014 Best Lawyers in America
- Jack M. Alltmont — Commercial Litigation
- Joy Goldberg Braun — Product Liability Litigation and Medical Malpractice Law
- J. David Forsyth — Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
- Max Nathan, Jr. — Non-Profit/Charities Law, Tax Law and Trusts & Estates
- Carole Cukell Neff — Non-Profit/Charities Law and Trusts & Estates
- Peter S. Title — Real Estate Law
2014 Best Lawyers - “Lawyer of the Year”
- Joy Goldberg Braun — Medical Malpractice Law
- Max Nathan, Jr. — Non-Profit/Charities Law
2014 Super Lawyers
- Jack M. Alltmont — Business Litigation Construction Litigation
- J. David Forsyth — Bankruptcy
- Max Nathan, Jr. — Estate Planning & Probate
- Carole Cukell Neff — Estate Planning & Probate and Elder Law
- Peter S. Title — Real Estate
Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- J. David Forsyth — Bankruptcy/Restructuring